I am starting a new crusade…well, maybe not a crusade…a movement, an awareness!
It is so important to take care of ourselves all the time. Yes, I know…that doughnut was really yummy. It is about moderation, and if that doughnut brought you joy then great! I’m sure if you eat 10 doughnuts there will be no joy just a tummy ache.
It can be as easy as thinking about something that makes you smile! Or you can devote a whole day to taking care of yourself… In fact, I challenge you to devote the rest of your life to taking care of yourself!
So, every day do something nice for yourself…
Self-care is the desire to make life better…for you and those around you.
I started a Self-Care challenge May 1st, and it runs all month. Here are ideas from myself and some other people that are participating:
- Look in the mirror, smile, say hi, and tell yourself today is gonna be a great day
- Take at least 5 min to take a break and do your favorite stretches!
- Reach out to a good friend you haven’t talked to in a while and make a coffee date!
- “Turn off your cell phone, find a hammock and let yourself be cradled and rocked for at least 20 blissfully uninterrupted minutes.” (Sunny Klaber Vanderstar at www.integraltravel.com)
- Sleep in! And allow yourself to have a lazy morning
- “Begin every morning by drinking 12oz of fresh clean water. Spice it up with juice from 1/2 a lemon if you want!” (Mike Lamitola at www.mikelamitola.com)
- Ignite your creative side! Photography, painting, drawing, fashion, writing, singing…just to name a few. What do you love to do that makes you feel creative?
- For added benefit, stretch in the shower! The warm water will help open up your muscles. (Jessica Johnson at www.bimmassage.com)
- Laughing is great medicine! Find something that makes you laugh or smile and share it with someone else
- Life is about moderation and balance! Let yourself indulge every once in a while, and balance with something healthy.
- “Think about an ergonomically set up desk at work. Elbows at 90 degrees, you can sit but I find myself standing more. I find I have more energy and I’ve learned to River dance.” (my mom Kim Greenhouse)
- When weather throws you for a loop, make sure to take care of yourself. It is snowing here in Colorado…hot tea, warm soup, heated massage table, ginger, cinnamon, maybe a hot toddy after work could do the trick to bring balance.
- “Tennis ball massage to open up your feet, and foam roller massage to keep a healthy extension in the spine at least 3 times per week!” (Jillian Ardion at www.jillianardoin.massagetherapy.com)
- Forgive yourself—for one small imperfection, one lost opportunity, one regret, one misstep. Love who you were then, let it go, and breathe into the now (Diane Whiddon at www.novelwebsitedesign.com)
The month is not over, so there will be more to come!
Visit Green Sky Massage on Facebook or Twitter to follow the challenge, or feel free to email me to tell me your favorite thing you do for yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a fantastic day!